Looking For Me...

Had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance the other day lamenting my departure from Facebook. Apparently, I must have either def...


Had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance the other day lamenting my departure from Facebook. Apparently, I must have either defected and joined the rebels, one of the reasons offered as an explanation or I must have been ordered to cease writing for a personal gain. Another group said that I was not boisterous enough, and not extreme to their degree of liking therefore I was a government supporter (ohw, that is meant to be an insult in some quarters by the way hahaha).

Well the truth is this:

(a) Facebook does not pay bills nor does it help with your career advancements especially when you are a geologist.

(b) Facebook has polarised the South Sudanese society in diaspora and at home and some folks do not want to be a party to that.

(c) Others are bored of Facebook and specifically some South Sudanese Facebook users who have nothing positive to contribute to society.

In any case, I reminded my acquaintance that some people do not like the new bandwagon of irrational criticism that is not based on logic and sustained intellectual argument. Some people have been quietly pointing out the mistakes of the government and the SPLM way before the current rebellion and they do not see any need to suddenly join new violent groups and howl.


Anyway anyone looking for me can always find me here and @dekuekd on twitter or on my phone or at home.


0 comments